Close-up Photography & Macro
We offer specific macro photography workshops for individuals or small groups (max 5-6) where you can choose from a day to a week where you work with Paul Harcourt Davies, known internationally as the Macromaestro through his books, blogs, lectures and numerous articles. These courses are based around our home near Orvieto in Umbria where participants will have the opportunity to work in our fully equipped macro studio and use an extensive library. There is always plenty of time for appraisal of the day’s work and help and advice on post-processing in Lightroom.
We cater for all levels from complete beginner to expert, being flexible and able to accommodate your specific interests.
With one of our close-up photography workshops you will leave better equipped to produce images with that ‘wow’ factor in this challenging and fascinating genre whatever your level, from beginner to advanced.
We will cover the following and much more….
- Wide-angle macro - Paul is one of the leading proponents and innovators in this area
- Close-up (& extreme macro) techniques and methods - including examples of self-build rigs
- Lighting - all aspects, commercial and home-built set ups, balancing natural and artificial illumination and much more.
- Image Stacking - for incredible depth of field
- Composition - the art of designing a picture, shooting for and achieving impact
See main Workshops page for prices and practicalities
Contact us for a booking form